On Friday the 13th I had the absolute pleasure of joining the fabulous crew of Today in Nashville. This was perhaps the most fun I have had on live television- and I think that my thrifted I Love Lucy costume was filling me up with all sorts of Comedienne inspiration- because this segment was LIT.
The fabulous and talented Charlotte Weatherington- Goodwill’s Social Media Queen, was my partner in crime as Cyndi Lauper and we had a lot of fun getting ready to go live as I struggled to ensure I ate my homemade waffle for breakfast.
Both of these outfits are entirely from Goodwill- the dress even makes an entirely different type of cameo in a dramatic short film I produced and starred in earlier this year called Perfect Dream. The skirt was an upcycle from a sheet from a few years back (so cute- right!?!) and the waffle- well it’s my homemade-gluten-free-pumpkin mix and feel free to hit me up in the comments if you want the recipe.
We truly had the BEST time- and I am super thrilled to come back for another thrifty segment in November.
To recap- here are some super easy Thrifted costumes you can go to Goodwill and get RIGHT NOW:
- Eighties ANYTHING (Golden Girls, Stranger Things, Dallas)
- Bad Prom (Dead or alive)
- Get some amazing avant Guard Blazers and become a rockstar (with or without your band)
- Eighties rapper posse (cut that cardboard, spray paint that giant clock- and get ready to drop some beats!)
- Macklemore (of course)
- Grab a vintage nightgown and rock ghost vibes, angel vibes or bloody doll vibes (your choice)
- Dye an old dress and use a glue gun and safety pins to cover it in flowers so you can become a fairy princess.
Honestly- the number of creative costumes you can create from Goodwill is somewhat mind blowing. I hope you are all following along with my daily low key looks both here and on instagram (for those of you who want to get in the spirit- buuuut… you also have a job that requires you look somewhat like a normal person- or maybe you just like being low key) for even more ideas. I’m having so much fun with all of this Halloween creativity and I hope you are all discovering how easy creativity can become when you start thinking outside of the box! Stay tuned for more halloween madness!!
Love and Thrift,